Thursday, September 06, 2018

"Be DOERS of the Word...."




"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth."  1 John 3:18 KJV http://kjvbible.net

Even the world says, "practice what you preach!", "talk is cheap" and "actions speak louder than words."

Jesus replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." (Mark 7:6; Isaiah 29:13)

Check out the Greek definition of "hypocrite" (http://biblehub.com/greek/5273.htm): "5273 hypokritḗs (a masculine noun derived from 5259 /hypó, "under" and 2919 /krínō, "judge") – properly, a judging under, like a performer acting under a mask (i.e. a theater-actor); (figuratively) a two-faced person; a "hypocrite," whose profession does not match their practice – i.e. someone who "says one thing but does another."

And a similar exhortation in James, "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22 http://biblehub.com/james/1-22.htm

Jeremiah 11:6
And the LORD said to me, "Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, saying, 'Hear the words of this covenant and do them.

Matthew 7:24
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Luke 6:47
I will show you what he is like who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them:

Romans 2:13
For it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be declared righteous.

Lamentations 3:40
Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Can't you see for yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you--unless you actually fail the test?

Psalm 119:59
I considered my ways And turned my feet to Your testimonies.

1 Corinthians 9:27
Instead I subdue my body and make it my slave, so that after preaching to others I myself will not be disqualified. http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/9-27.htm

"the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked." 1 John 2:6

Wow! Are we walking as Jesus walked? Is God a liar? Is John a false prophet? No, we need to judge ourselves. And examine ourselves. And we need to get right with God!

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." Revelation 3:19

Dear heavenly Father, we ask that You open our eyes to our own selves. Help us to remove the BEAM that is in our own eyes before we go around judging everyone else. Convict us by Your Holy Spirit that we may repent, so You may heal us and fill us with Your power. Help us Father, in the worthy name of Yeshua the Messiah. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Please visit me on Twitter X @tlthe5th and share my censored posts

See all the new material I've been publishing through twitter. Things you wouldn't believe unless you read it yourself (I can't ...

Top Recent Posts